Red Stains: Kool-Aid, Gatorade, Red Punch, etc…
Mix one quarter teaspoon of liquid hand dish washing detergent and three tablespoon of ammonia with two cups of warm water.
1. Using a clean white Terri-cloth rag, blot the stain with your prepared solution above until you remove as much of the spill as possible. Make sure you use enough solution for some of it to remain on the carpet fibers but not so much that it over wets the carpet.
2. Rinse out your rag thoroughly then ring it out leaving it slightly damp.
3. Place the rag over the stain
4. Use a common household iron set on medium steam apply pressure to the rag 5 seconds at a time moving it around frequently.
5. Lift the damp rag to check the stain, If some discoloration still remains repeat steps 1-4 until the stain is completely gone.
Note: This process works on new and old stains and is a safe and proven method for stain removal.